Thursday, June 15, 2017

Publix Savannah Women's Half-Marathon!

Half-marathon #8!  I'm not sure how it's possible that I have now run 8 half-marathons.  It's all so surreal and unbelievable to tell you the truth.  I often think I may hang up my running shoes and them I'm like "but look what you can do now! Don't quit!"

Keeping it real, this is what I ate the night before.  In bed at the hotel. 😂


This was for sure a tough race, in that I was battling an ongoing ankle/foot injury (that I've since had an MRI on and still reached no conclusion on what the problem is).  Good thing the race was flat and had fabulous weather, that is what for sure kept me going.  I ALMOST quit at mile 3 when I started having horrible foot pain, but ended up powering through and finished ok.  This was a super fun girls weekend (with my personal run cheerleader/bff along for the ride)!





Frozen peas after the race.  

No comments:

Post a Comment