Thursday, June 15, 2017

Donna half-marathon!

Though I am updating all these runs so many months after the fact, and some of my details are fuzzy, I will tell you that this half-marathon was, well, kind of life changing.  That sounds dramatic, but it was.
You see THIS half-marathon was one to support breast cancer.  I think we can all agree that's a good cause to support.  

Here's what I wrote about it on my facebook page, and I can honestly tell you that all these months later, I still cry when I talk about this race.
Half-marathon #7 is DONE!
It wasn't my best, it wasn't my worst, but it was 13.1 miles all to supportbreast cancer treatment.
What an emotional race. I cried the last 2 miles (and not because of the effing bridge at mile 12....not cool people).
I ran with survivors. I ran past memorial signs. I ran with current fighters. I thought about friends and sisters who survived treatment, I thought about mom's and grandmoms who fought their hardest to the end. And then, at mile 12, when I had nothing left to give, this sign of hope that I signed at the expo.

I'm happy to run it for all those who can't. Keep fighting ladies. Fight HARD.

That says it all.  Here's some more pictures from that day.






No comments:

Post a Comment