Sunday, January 8, 2017

Meal Prep Sunday!

I don't always do a bunch of meal prep on Sundays, but I am trying to make more of an effort lately.  My sweet husband is kicking off a 6 month weight loss challenge at work tomorrow, and he is kicking off his own by doing an Advocare 24 day challenge..
He has done a challenge before and had great success with it (lost 10 lbs!), but as is life, we moved, he started a new job, and just life with 3 kids stressors, means his eating habits have gone right down the drain again.  With the crap he has been putting in his body, I absolutely know he is going to feel amazing after a few weeks of just putting good nutrition in his body.  

Today I decided I would prep his snacks for the week to take to work.  I don't usually do that for him, goodness, snacking the kids is a full time job. However, I DO know the challenge a lot better than him, and I am already a week into my own current challenge, so I figured I would do this for him. He was amazed when he saw how easy I made it for him.

So the first one, I measured out the almonds in one set of bags, and then I measured out strawberries and grapes in the second set of bags.

Then I put all those bags in one giant bag, and instructed him to take one fruit, and one almond.  

These bags have an apple and 1 Tablespoon of natural peanut butter as another snack.

Carrots in one set of bags (need to buy cucumbers for him next week, I forgot he will also eat those!)
There are hardboiled eggs in the other bags and there is tuna mixed with salsa in the 2 containers.

Instructions to take one tuna OR egg bag, and a bag of carrots.

And that's it.  He will be at work for 2 snacks, so he just needs to pick 2 of these snack ideas per day.


Breakfast for him is super easy and the same thing he always does--a meal replacement shake.  We love these even when not on a challenge, and since he has breakfast while driving from the gym into work in the morning, it is certainly the easiest way to go.

When we ordered his challenge, Advocare had their big New Year All In promotion going on, so we each got 3 of these nifty containers.  Made lunch packing super easy!  Day 1 he is having broccoli with sweet potato and chicken. This plan is easy anyway, but with someone else doing all your meal prep, it's a cake walk.  Except, without the cake. 😂

So that's it for prepping his stuff to get ready for the challenge.
I will share the meal prep I did in another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment