Tuesday, January 10, 2017

More meal prep!

If I'm being completely honest I really kind of hate meal planning.  I can never decide what I want to make.  Will my family eat it? Is that enough planned for a week? What will I have for lunches? What do you mean I can't just hit up a drive thru every night? 

Planning is KEY to weight loss for me though. Without a plan, and groceries to back that plan, I slide into my old habits way too easy.  I start fooling myself into thinking I am eating healthy when I'm having salad doused in fatty dressing or when I'm only having snacks all day.  

As much as I hate the planning, I actually love cooking. I am currently dabbling in trying to prep stuff on Sundays for the majority of the week.  I don't do ALL my cooking on that one day (and I'm only 2 weeks into this again anyway), but I do some.  

Here's this week-

So first I made this super easy and yummy soup in the Instant Pot-
Butternut Squash Curry Soup.
I made the soup to eat for my lunches mostly, though I had a bowl for breakfast this morning because nothing else sounded good and I was getting hangry. 

The other container has 2 pounds of lean ground turkey taco meat.  We will use some for Taco Tuesday dinner and then I will freeze some for next week as well. (Taco Tuesday is tacos for the kids typically, and either a salad or a bowl of veggies with taco meat on them, for me).

I was definitely wanting this Hummus Crusted Chicken for the week, but I also live with a very picky family and knew I would be the only one eating chicken with poisonous (apparently) hummus on top, so I seasoned a few chicken breasts and baked it all up at the same time.  


That was the extent of what I did on Sunday.  
My plan was to cut the parmesan cheese down, but in the end I forgot completely to add it so I just sprinkled a little on top.  This was easy and I loved it, just need to work on the cooking time a bit.  The chops were cooked perfectly, but the veggies were not.


Portioning leftovers immediately into meal sizes are the perfect way to be prepared.  

I have one more recipe on the agenda for the week, but I feel like my fridge is currently packed with enough food, so I may end up saving that one for the weekend.
Healthy eating is really so much easier when you take the time to PREPARE.  



No comments:

Post a Comment