Friday, February 13, 2015

Another workout!

Man, I'm starting to think HIIT may be my jam.  It is nice to bump that metabolism up while not having to run for an hour.  Wednesday I ran almost 4 miles, so yesterday was technically a non-run day.  I decided to do my HIIT on the treadmill, so I did end up running, and it was fun!  I think I am going to try continuing my 3 runs a week and then do 2-3 days of HIIT followed by weight training.  

Yesterday on the treadmill I did:
5 minute warm up walk (on 4.0)

1:00 run (should be hard and something you can only do for a minute.  I am a slow runner, so I tried 6.5 first, 6.6 second time and then finally landed on 6.7 as the rest of my sprints)
2:00 walk on 4.0




Repeat 10 times.
The beauty of HIIT is shorter workouts.  I think shooting for 20 minutes is good, but I was having fun so I kept going.  For kicks I ran my last minute sprint at a 7.0- I just wanted to see if I could do it.  And I could.  ;-)

Next did weights, with absolutely zero plan going in.  Sometimes that ends in disaster, but yesterday I think it went pretty well.  I'm taking my sore body today as a good sign anyway.

Low Row (pully)   (27.5 lbs) 3 sets of 12 reps
Lat pull down (pully) (27.5 lbs) 3 sets of 12 reps
Body weight low squats     3 sets of 15
Back row with barbell  (40 lb bar)  3 sets of 12
3 40 second planks
modified (on knees) push ups    3 sets of 10

Lots and lots of stretching.

That ended up being over an hour workout after stretching.  I don't usually have quite that much time, but I got to the gym an hour earlier than usual so I wasn't chasing the clock trying to get the little one home for nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment