Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Meal prep tip!

I love to eat brown rice as a healthy carb addition to my meals. What I don't love is making a pot of brown rice every time I want it. My husband is half Asian, so fat chance he'll eat anything but his white sticky rice.  So, brown rice short cut for Lynn it is!

I make a big pot of brown rice in the rice cooker. Nice, because I can get it all in there, hit cook, and then deal with it later when I have time. 

When I'm ready, I scoop it out in 1/2 cup serving sizes and put into ziplock bags.


I close the bags, squeeze all the air out of them, and smush down flat. After flattened, I put all those bags into one giant freezer bag, close it up, and label it. 


Then I pop that sucked into the freezer. When I want a serving of brown rice with my meal, I simply take out one bag, microwave, and enjoy. Delicious every time!



No comments:

Post a Comment