Monday, January 18, 2016

My 2nd half marathon!

I Checked it off the list! I took a couple of days off my 24 day challenge, because I know my body, and I know it needed more carbs to sustain a long run. So I decided to relax a bit and just eat smart. I feel good about it, even if it means my challenge will be a bit longer! So day 11 I just forgot to blog, and then I had a few days off, and now I'm on day 12. 

My half marathon was amazing! I was nervous as hell, and my training runs have been so crappy lately. With the husband out of town, it is hard to find times to run because of the 3 kids and all. But the weather, while cold, was perfect for running. Or least a lot better than the heat and humidity I am used to running in. It really makes a huge difference!  The course (Houston) was nice and flat with awesome crowd support pretty much the entire run. I was able to keep a pretty good pace for me, and finished in 2:27:34. I am quite happy with that! Glad to have it done and now I'm hobbling through my day today on sore legs. Well worth it though!


No comments:

Post a Comment